Tuesday, December 28, 2010

dissapointments and silver linings

In my last post I mentioned picking up keys form Aimee. That didn't happen. She hadn't checked with her studio mates and the put the kibosh on the idea. I'll have to wait until mid January to get back into the shop.

This lead me to two things.

1) that I need my own press. I'm happy using Aimee's type and helping her out but, the fact is, if I'm going to do this right I need ready access to one of these beasts. I have calls out to a bunch of folks and we'll see what comes back.

2) I sorted my own type. It was a lot of fun. Here's a pic

It doesn't look like much but hey, it's mine.


I've been going through all of my old things since this move/the Punk Rock flea market and I think if I sell all that stuff, I I'll have enough $ to actually buy a press. Where to put it is another deal all together.

I had some incredible hangouts over christmas and I have a second date tonight (Tuesday) with a lovely women. I start class next week and Kalmar Nyckel crew program the following weekend. All in all, lots of great things going on in my life. The little bumps along the way just make you pay attention to the road I think.


I think that's it for now.
Sleep tight,
Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment